This is him the day after he was born. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces, which was the same as my father when he was born. He had big, chocolate eyes right from day one. He chirped a lot and cried even more. Even today, we joke that his colic has never really went away.
As we learn more about him, we are learning how spirited he really is. He can be ecstatically happy one moment, and in a full blown fit the next. When he is really happy he is REALLY happy. When he is sad, mad, or angry, he is that to the fullest extent. We like to say he lives life passionately.
This year, like last year, I did his birthday interview questions. Here they are:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue and green.
2. What is your favorite toy? Ninja Turtles and Transformers.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes.
4. What is your favorite TV Show? Ninja Turtles.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken nuggets.
6. What is your favorite outfit? My Ninja Turtle shirts.
7. What is your favorite game? Playing hide-n-seek.
8. What is your favorite snack? Cheese bits (Cheese-itz).
9. What is your favorite animal? Beanie (Chocolate Lab).
10. What is your favorite song? Transformers.
11. What is your favorite book? Fire Fuego Bomberos.
12. Who is your best friend? Jimmy and Lola.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with my new scooter.
15. What is your favorite drink? Lemonade.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter and Christmas.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Tranformers, but put on the dresser so they "don't freak me out!"
18. What do you like to eat for breakfast? French toast and the other toast.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cake.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Transformer Octimus Prime.
I also made a video montage of my favorite videos and images from his fourth year of life!
You can see it here.
He has some crazy hair, as you can probably tell.
He speaks English and Spanish fluently.
He is very possessive of his toys, and we are working on sharing.
He wears size 12 shoes.
He is still in 2T shorts, size 4 pants (for the length), and size 4 shirts.
This year he went to Disney for the first time and loved it!
He is approximately 42" tall... I think!
He played soccer for the first time this spring.
I cannot believe how much he has changed over these last four years. What a blessing he is.
As soon as I am finished with his yearly book I will post the photos!