1. Replace the standard lighting in the bathrooms. The lighting right now is very standard, and just gross. We are going to add warmer lights as we go and see what the style of the house brings. The current lights are similar to this:
2. Paint. It was over $1,200 dollars to upgrade the paint in the house. That seems silly to me anyway because it literally consists of putting a different color in the spray guns, which surely is not worth that much of a difference. Plus, they only give you the option of a whole house color, not different colors in different rooms. And that is just no fun! The standard color is a flat beige. All of you with kids and petsknow that flat paint is just not an option. Here are some of the possible colors we like:
Taupe Fedora by Benjamin Moore
Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore
Pavilion Beige by Sherwin Williams
3. Add wainscoting or board and batten in the Master Bedroom.
4. Add pendant lights in the kitchen. We chose to have the wiring installed to place these over our large island. We just need to chose which ones we like. I like some of these:
5. Add breadboard to the ceiling of our laundry room.
6. A long time down the road, finish the basement.
7. Under and over cabinet lighting.
I am sure more things were added in the future, but these are our main goals right now! :)